 Off-Topic / Debate / 18051
Re: K, in even simpler terms, for those of us who hate seeing death and killings and such...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:53:33 GMT

If you see this, and you're slowly convincing me that your interpretation of
what's going on is true, so now I see it, how come this isn't common
knowledge to the rest of the masses?

A combination of a need to conform and political apathy.

  Actually, I would say that it stems from an awareness that someone has
already made up Bush's mind to attack Iraq, as well as an awareness of the
futility of trying to prevent it.
  Anyone who even suggests that we should wait before rushing in is publicly
condemned as a coward or an anti-American or a politicizer or simply a fool
who can't see the obvious, and isn't an amazing coincidence that Bush is
pushing for the vote just prior to the elections?  Let's wait until Nov 10
before deciding. For that matter, how about we only allow a vote to those
members of Congress who have children in the military?
  By the way, this issue is further evidence that the Democrats and
Republicans, though similar, are *not* interchangeable.

     Dave!