 Off-Topic / Debate / 18055
Re: K, in even simpler terms, for those of us who hate seeing death and killings and such...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:55:06 GMT

If you see this, and you're slowly convincing me that your interpretation of
what's going on is true, so now I see it, how come this isn't common
knowledge to the rest of the masses?

I think that it _is_ becoming common knowledge.  That's why he's grasping at
straws.

Chris

There were moments in Dubya's speech where he was downright eloquent, but
for the most bit, I found he just grated on my nerves.

There was once or twice when he almost said word for word stuff from
Bartlett's speech from this years season opener.

"We did not ask for this to happen to us..." or something along those lines.

Coincidence?  Prob'ly--is hard to have a presidential speech without reusing
similar phrasings, but I thought it was rather similar.

I also liked how he brought in an "Appeal to Authority", a la his rationale
being the same as Clintons rationale where the Saddam issue is concerned.
Again, can't remember exactly what was said, but he mentioned former
president Clinton, as if to bring together.

But anyway, just a few thoughts from the speech--I would imagine there's a
transcript on-line somewhere--going to go look for it now and have a read.

Dave K.