 Off-Topic / Debate / 14233
Re: 14 posts by Scott just now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:41:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:

Yes I read the "supposed" lie you accuse him of.  Seems to me the title you
gave this thread is a lie of the same magnitude.  "14 posts by Scott just
now"

When I posted that, what I had to go on was the timestamps on the posts. As
LFB said, they are ALL from a very short period of time.

- you can read as well as everyone else, that they were posted over
a period of 2 days.

No. Claimed to have been queued up for posting, yes, but they were posted in
a short period of time. Go look for yourself. I'm even willing to allow that
Scott confirms days old proposed posts without looking to see if they're
still relevant or worth posting, but my subject line, as it stands, (He
caused 14 posts to happen "just now", after all) is correct, factual, and
non pejorative, unlike "White Man's Club" which is counterfactual and
pejorative.

I agree with David - continued requests to ban him will most likely get
both of you banned.

If you choose to throw the baby out with the bathwater that's your choice, I
guess. Most people are smarter than that though.

Come on, Lar, to ban either of you would be to throw out the baby with the
bathwater.

We all know it bothers Scott that you made a comment about his making fourteen
posts at once, snide or not, just as we know it bothers you that he called the
LP a White Man's Club.  It's just that it doesn't take fourteen posts back and
forth from each of you to get the message across.  Both of you need to lighten
up in a serious way.

Maggie C.