 Off-Topic / Debate / 14217
Re: 14 posts by Scott just now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:16:31 GMT

Ban him. Shun him. Send him emails and tell him to shut up.

I hate to repeat, but take your own advice. Don't bother responding to
useless posts. It brings your own image WAY down. As far as I'm concerned
he's only a part of the problem. Stop encouraging it.

Meaning what? I am to ignore every slur he makes so he gets away with his
lies scot free?

Would you rather play the part of the o-t.debate police? Do you feel
obligated to correct *everyone*? Assuming yes, should we always assume that
when you DON'T reply that that means you find nothing wrong with the
statements made? Should you respond to every "what, no answer?" post?
Assuming no, what posts do you think are ok to respond to? Any of them? Or
only those that are worth debunking? Is "you just don't get it, Larry" worth
your while to respond to?

Let him get away with whatever the heck he wants to. Who cares if he's
wrong? So what? If we all only respond to *meaningful* posts he's made, then
job well done by all of us.

No. EVERYONE has to shun him or tell him to stop, or send him mail when he's
being a twit.

I agree. Starting with you. I dunno if I'd bother with the telling him to
stop, tho... doesn't seem to work... meanwhile, ignore if it's not worth it.

If that happened I could shun him too. But right now he gets
away with far too much here and elsewhere on LUGNET. It's bad for the
community.

I agree. Let's stop encouraging it. Only reply to his posts if they're worth
your time. Agreed?

DaveE