 Off-Topic / Debate / 14212
Re: 14 posts by Scott just now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:14:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

The subject line is misleading. The messages were posted over the last two
days - check the dates. They were authorised today.

  Scott, I think you have a problem with your newsreader.  There
  are indeed 14 posts from right about the same time (roughly 2
  hours ago).  In fact, this post too is "doubled."  A lot of the
  others are cloned posts too.

Thanks, I have asked for two to be deleted already. I won't blame the
newsreader for that problem. :-/

and 13 were repetition of the same tired swill. At least *one* was something
other than "what, no answer?" repeated ad nauseum.

Get the hint.

  I'm not sure that's exactly doing much besides annoying the
  rest of us.  It's definitely not advancing the discussion
  (and in fact has pretty effectively killed it, I'd guess).

Indeed. I am re-thinking this approach.

The thread died when Larry failed to submit himself to questioning. This was
an attempt to resurrect it.

Thanks for your input.

Scott A