 Off-Topic / Debate / 14223
Re: Tolerance of vice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:52:33 GMT

(snipped)

What other punishments short of banning are there?

The ancient greeks devised a special punishment for those they considered to
be disgracing their community. I am unsure of the English name for it, but
it should be something like "Ostracism" for a determined period of time.
(I do not endorse ANY punishment for EITHER of you two, just thought you
might like to know about *this particular punishment* as alternative to banning)

Pedro

PS - Why not create a special subgroup under o-t.d for "Larry vs. Scott"
worst fights? Just a thought...   ;-)