 Off-Topic / Debate / 12614
Re: Harry Potter getting left out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:12:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jennifer Clark writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

My question is, do you *personally* think it's a good idea to have a law
that restricts when stores can be open, or one that allows large stores less
freedom than small ones, or that restricts what sorts of things can be sold
on what days of the week or times of the day?

I'm all for shops opening whenever they feel like it, the local city centre Tesco
here has just started opening 24 hours a day and it is an extremely useful facility,
especially for those of us who sometimes work odd hours. A chat with one of the
checkout ladies established that no staff are being required to work on the night
shift, and that indeed they had more than enough volunteers to do so.

I remember the old days when shops shut on Sundays, every lunchtime, after 5.30pm,
and Wednesday afternoon, and it was a total nightmare! You couldn't get a Mars Bar
for toffee.

If you had the toffee, would you need the Mars Bar :)

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Psi