 Off-Topic / Debate / 12508
Re: UK devolved government. (was Re: Harry Potter getting left out)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:53:50 GMT

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GJF0zu.LB6@lugnet.com...

   The UK doesn't have
   a real history of struggle between local, state, and federal,
   so it doesn't surprise me that the decrees go from the center
   outward more often than the other way.

I would have thought the UK has plenty of history of struggle between local, state and federal over the centuries.
We've had civil wars, and the formation of the kingdom from seperate countries.
And politics is always a 'struggle' between local (town) state (county) and federal (central) governments.
Then factor in the 'struggle' between England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Island and calls for independence.

regards
lawrence