 Off-Topic / Debate / 11116
Re: boulders on shoulders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:51:33 GMT

Further, this
implies, unintentionally perhaps, that women and minorities (but not,
presumably, white middle class men) are so caught up in their day-to-day
that they can't muster the resources to comprehend what amounts to a quite
simple economic theory.  I find that notion far more offensive than even a
deliberately oblique reading of Bruce's original post.

Not even going there.

but it's odd to
me that a post from one of the biggest local opponents against
Libertarianism is singled out as if it were a recruitment poster for the
party.

Who is doing that?  I'm certainly not doing that.  If my posts sound that way,
then I'm perhaps choosing the wrong words.  You can take this whole "LP" thread
and insert any other party you'd like there and the arguments would be the
same.  Why do some jump on the Independant bandwagon and others do not?  Or
insert any group name in place of "LP" and say, why do some people participate
in that group and some do not?  I don't think that its a blanket "they don't
get the message" as a reason for non-involvement.  If you want to keep this on
politics, I think many of us are just far too busy earning a living to be
involved in this kind of stuff.  That doesn't mean that we don't get the
message, be it from Republicans, Independants, Greens, L's, or whatever.

Katie