 Marketplace / Theory / 267
Re: [FS] - eBay - McDonald's Promo set, box only - 25 cents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:28:08 GMT

This really grates.  I can understand people buying up a scarce resource,
and offering it for resale at a higher price.  That's supply and demand.
But trying to scalp an easily-available item by hiding the source is
information-hoarding.  Blech.

If the information in your listing was limited to, "I got the set this box
came from last week for $11.00 by calling LEGO's US Shop-at-Home service",
you probably would have been alright.  That is all information about the
item being offered.

To be safer, make an arrangement with someone overseas to sell them a
complete set for $12.00 + shipping, on the condition that you are going to
auction the set on eBay, and they should bid on the lot.  If someone else
outbids them, you will buy a second set to fulfill both agreements.

That way, you can make the statement, "I got this set last week for $11.00
by calling LEGO's US Shop-at-Home service", and it's all primary
information.  It's about the lot, not the item the lot came from.

Unfortunately, the S@H phone number would be off-topic for the lot
description in either case.

Steve