 Marketplace / Theory / 268
Re: Proxy bidding mechanics questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:34:55 GMT

In situations where a challenger's bid does not beat the current proxy, set
the new bid to the challenger's max.  That reveals the least amount of
information.  And is easily, fairly described: "if a challenger's bid fails
to overcome the current proxy-max bid, the new high bid will be set to the
challenger's proxy-max".

Steve