 Publishing / 1016
Re: [FS] - eBay - McDonald's Promo set, box only - 25 cents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:43:06 GMT

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Larry:

Thread is unclear to me. Seems that both the 153 and the 8482 codes work
on SOME combinations (of HW, browser, default font setting, etc.) and
DON'T on others.

153 works in old Win** browsers, but is formally invalid.

Seems to me that Matthew should get a real browser. It works fine in
Netscape 4.0. <grins, ducks and runs>

It doesn't work in Netscape 4.5 and 4.6.

You're making sweeping statements. It may not work with your font set.
It works for me on 4.04 and on 4.5 using the default font set I get when
I install. The thread you pointed me to has examples where 8482 does not
work.

So there is no universal answer. If I become convinced that 8482 works
in more cases I will consider switching. So far you haven't convinced
me. Nor has that thread. It's very confusing and totally subject to
interpretation, and your interpretation seems to differ from a number of
the other participants of the thread.

lugnet.