 Publishing / 1026
Re: [FS] - eBay - McDonald's Promo set, box only - 25 cents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 02:41:24 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Larry:
Thread is unclear to me. Seems that both the 153 and the 8482 codes work
on SOME combinations (of HW, browser, default font setting, etc.) and
DON'T on others.

153 works in old Win** browsers, but is formally invalid.

It works on the Mac too.

Seems to me that Matthew should get a real browser. It works fine in
Netscape 4.0. <grins, ducks and runs>

It doesn't work in Netscape 4.5 and 4.6.

What OS?

I guess I can change back to (tm) in future listings since there appears
to be no universal way to do it. (unlike using ampersand-"reg"-semicolon
for the (r) symbol which seems to always work)

I am pretty sure Todd uses 8482 on Lugnet.

No, I've always written ™

I haven't found a single version of Netscape, where ™
shows a trademark character. The HTML specification says
".

That's odd! -- My experience is just the opposite:  I haven't yet found a
single version of Netscape where ™ -doesn't- show a TM character, and I
haven't yet found a single version of Netscape where " -does-.  Go
figure... :(

--Todd