 Marketplace / Theory / 264
Re: [FS] - eBay - McDonald's Promo set, box only - 25 cents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:03:33 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
Here's the latest from my friends at eBay...

Back to the drawing board, or give it up as not doable?

I'd write 'em off.  Either do it their way if you want to maximize
profits or sell at SC or Bricks.  Buy there if you want, of course.

I'm convinced more and more that what eBay wants is for the seller
to have every advantage over the buyer, which makes sense, I guess,
since the more the seller makes, the more eBay makes.

Bit if that's the case, why don't they at least have an option for
sniper free auctions? (probably because the increased auction duration
wouldn't pay off that well, they want auctions to run the 30% of the
time which will get 70% of the price, that gets them the best price for
performance ratio).

It seems to me in some ways that the globalization of the economy is
making somewhat of a sellers world, but that's probably a wrong
perception.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com