 Publishing / 1014
Re: [FS] - eBay - McDonald's Promo set, box only - 25 cents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:10:36 GMT

Larry:

Thread is unclear to me. Seems that both the 153 and the 8482 codes work
on SOME combinations (of HW, browser, default font setting, etc.) and
DON'T on others.

153 works in old Win** browsers, but is formally invalid.

Seems to me that Matthew should get a real browser. It works fine in
Netscape 4.0. <grins, ducks and runs>

It doesn't work in Netscape 4.5 and 4.6.

I guess I can change back to (tm) in future listings since there appears
to be no universal way to do it. (unlike using ampersand-"reg"-semicolon
for the (r) symbol which seems to always work)

I am pretty sure Todd uses 8482 on Lugnet.

I REALLY don't want to get into a long drawn out discussion as it's only
sort of kind of marginally important to me. (that is to say, not very)

If you can provide a definitive encoding that works in a larger set of
situations, but mandatorily including Netscape 3.0 and above through all
current versions,

I haven't found a single version of Netscape, where &#153;
shows a trademark character. The HTML specification says
&#8482;.

for me, and the people who use Netscape, which are the people I care
about.

I use Nutscrape (sometimes), and it doesn't work for me (in
case you haven't noticed :-).

Play well,

Jacob

    --  E-mail:          sparre@cats.nbi.dk          --