 Marketplace / Theory / 273
Re: [FS] - eBay - McDonald's Promo set, box only - 25 cents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:15:48 GMT

Another thing someone could do,
but I'm not as upset about this as others so the someone is not me,

is to actually sell the set in a Dutch auction...
(many sets with a reserved price that matches the list price)
and in the description of the set for sale,
explain where the set came from and what its list price is,
and how you can buy your own directly and avoid your shipping charge
if you live in the United States.

Ebay should not object to this.  How can they?
Selling a box is an attempt to torpedo someone else's auction.
Selling the actual sets is a good faith auction,
you're just disclosing enough information that would get U.S. residents
to not bid on the auction and limit the bidding to the international community
who can't buy this set from S@H.

just my thoughts.
-- dave