 Publishing / 1025
Re: Why are SSIs bad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 18:58:52 GMT

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk> wrote:
This sounds more like it is related to content negotiation,
which among other things is used to deliver documents in a
language the reader understands.

Actually, I think you're right. Sorry -- too early in the morning. Or late
at night. Whenever it was when I wrote that. Disregard what I said. :)

I just tested, and it looks to me like Apache isn't setting "Pragma:
no-cache". So I think what you want to do is set the expires header to
something in the future, using mod_expires.

Checking out the documentation, it is more likely that "mod_expires"[1] is
the solution, if you want proxies to cache server side processed pages.

Yeah, like that. This is why I should read entire messages before starting
to reply. :)