 Marketplace / Shopping / 2384
Re: WB store sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 02:41:09 GMT

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 00:57:18 GMT, "Doug" <DPegram@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

What time did everyone order?  I got a message at 4:21 pm EST, and both Lego
items were canceled for me also.  No backorder, outright canceled.  I sure am
not paying anything if they try to charge me for the stupid Pokemon card.

Jeff

I ordered on the 18th and the last night my order was "backorder staus" now
it's "cancelled" can they do that ?

Sure they can.

Just about every online store (and heck, maybe brick and mortar ones
too) have some wording someplace that goes something like, "your order
is really just an offer to purchase at the stated price and we are not
obligated to sell it to you for any reason."

They're not jacking the price up and trying to sell the things for
more, it looks like they _ran out_.  What else are they supposed to do
- produce them out of thin air?

If this is the first time any of you guys have run into a snag like
this (great sale, site over-sells, or something like that, can't find
more, has to cancel orders) you're lucky.

I'd count myself lucky that they contacted you this soon and were
upfront about them being cancelled.  Looks like the ran out, tried to
find more (hence "backorder"), discovered they could not, then
cancelled the orders.  Better than some online stores that would just
leave you hoping for days or weeks on end, or better year, have
already charged your card and take weeks to credit it back once they
admit they won't be able to deliver.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?