 Marketplace / Shopping / 2425
Re: WB store sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 02:59:16 GMT

Yes, but...

Companies that hide behind "we goofed up" are within their rights.
They're just not as well regarded as those that stand behind their
offers.

Ali V. told me of a tale... seems he had found a store that sold 4558s
in Japan somewhere. After several visits, he had bought all they had on
display, but asked if they would sell him more. They said yes and he
thought not too much of it. Several purchases later, they finally told
him "sorry but we can't sell you any more"... seems they had been
scouring all of Japan to find ones for him because they were customer
service focused, and there were none to be had any more ANYWHERE in
Japan.

If WB had said "we goofed, and we are going to give everyone that
ordered 4561s 2 or 3 (instead of their order of 5 or 10) that we went
out and bought and took a loss" I think a lot of people would think a
lot more of them than if they say "oh well, that's life".

We're not talking about 4558s here, we are talking about current sets.
If you don't have your systems right, don't try to play the e-commerce
game.

My company does this for a living, glueing inventory systems to order
taking systems and websites (and up and downstream supplier systems) so
that you know down to the last SKU what you have in stock and what you
don't, unless your warehouse is out of control, or your distributor is
outright lying to you. And we're good at it. We had nothing to do with
WB or TRU or KB or any of the other major disasters we fen have found...
because if we had you wouldn't have heard about those companies,
business as usual doesn't make the news.

This is a theme for me... we fen aren't ENTITLED to deals, but I
certainly don't have any sympathy for companies that blow it.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!