 Marketplace / Shopping / 2399
Re: WB store sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:51:19 GMT

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote:

What times did you make your orders?

I do not remember. I think it was AFTER some other people reported
having ordered, though. I know I saw it on RTL, went and ordered one
order, posted here complaining that the quantity was only 10, then
ordered again. My posts weren't first I don't think.

Both of mine were cancelled, every
damned set.  I'm pissed, to say the least.  I'm going to burn a few ears off
of WB employees in a few hours...

Give them heck. While I agree that stores can sell or not as they
choose, it's bad form to mislead customers (although certainly not
illegal) and they should realise that this little foray into non WB turf
basically annoyed more people (at least HERE) than it impressed.

Speaking of annoying people. I got an offer to join citif/i  which is
Citibank's online bank. They offered 100 bucks into the account as an
incentive.

So I trundle off to the website to fill out the form, expecting
something relatively short, like what X and Wingspan and WellsFargo all
did. Nope. The amount of info they collected was IMMENSE. So large that
I had to quit midway through to go do someothing else. At the beginning,
it warned me that my browser was backlevel and I would get the Verisign
annoyance (cert expired) but that I would be OK to proceed, everything
would work.

So I get to where I want to stop. I press the "save this app" URL. It
comes back and says "you have to be a member of citifi to save, press
this button to select your ID and password", I do.

After digging out my passport to get the number off it and the address
of my previous employer (see what I mean about ridiculous info) I go
back in, or try to. After struggling to find the place where members log
in, it asks me for my citifi account number. DUH! I don't have one yet.
Finally I find a screen that wants my member ID and pw.

Dutifully I put them in. Up comes a screen saying "sorry, in order to
use Citifi you have to have a browser with 128 bit encryption". Excuse
me? Why didn't you tell me this back when you warned me about the
verisign error?. So I go over to the other computer which is running
Netscape 4.7. Try it from there... same message! Must be I selected the
export version when I installed.

So I rant to customer service. They say "we want you to be safe" and I
point out how clueless they are and non competitive, and how it wasted
my time and why do they want so much information, after all this was an
offer THEY mailed me in the mail... Why don't they do what X or the
others do. No good answer.

However, that 100 bucks is calling me. so I try internet explorer 5.0
and finally I get to complete the application. Huzzah. All done, or so I
think. Nope. At the very end it says. OK, you're all set. Now print this
and sign it and send it in.  SIGH! Join the 90's here people.

However that 100 is calling me so I did. Am I a sucker or what? I figure
if that 100 ever shows it was 50 bucks an hour but still.

There, I feel better now.

Some people have NOT figured e-business out. Not to say that I am all
that happy with X right now, they haven't answered why I didn't get a
referral credit and it has been more than 3 business days after tehy
sent me an autogenned note saying they'd answer in 3 business days.

Note, citibank is NOT using our software, that I know of. Makes you
wonder, don't it?

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!