 Marketplace / Auctions / 7544
Re: This makes me SICK!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:29:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Ben Gatelle writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Ben Gatelle writes:
What I do not like is people who put incorrect or misleading information in
the auction listings.

Hear hear!

The example of the person selling the battledroids for
$20 is misleading because buyers can get the item from several stores
including all LICs, and the LEGOLAND store, IIRC.

Hmm... I guess I don't see it as all that misleading-- That's just something
where I'd say 'Let the buyer beware'...

It is misleading in that the seller said this is not sold in stores, or
something to that effect which is clearly no true.

Ahh... ok, for some reason I thought you were making reference to a
ficticious auction-- I didn't know they actually wrote "Not sold in stores!
Hard to find! VERY RARE!" or whatever... That makes it much clearer! :)

You understood correctly. As long as the seller is not outright lying in his
description or intentionally misleading the buyer, I have no problem with it
selling for what the market will bear.

Bruce Williams (radio advice guy) once said something to the effect that "A
fair price is one at which a buyer is willing and able to pay and the seller
is willing to sell."

Yep. I'd be forced to agree-- actually, an important distinction there is
that the price must be a price the seller is willing to sell at. For me,
even if a buyer was willing to pay $1,800 for a Guarded Treasury, I wouldn't
be 'willing' to sell for that without first offering it at FAR below such a
price. *I* wouldn't regard that price as fair as the seller... hence it
wouldn't be a fair price...

BEN GATRELLE
(My 2 cents worth, if it's worth that.)

What was the original retail price? :)

1.5 cents

Ok, proxy bid: ***
Current bid: 1.6 cents

DaveE is now the high bidder on item 7525

Hoping I don't get sniped,
DaveE