 Marketplace / Auctions / 7530
Re: This makes me SICK!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:41:38 GMT

Here's what I really wrote, and you were absolutely wrong about the ebay
rules.  Check out my RIS sales!  Why do you have to be mad when someone else
makes money?  You should buy a RIS 1.5 set from me, and leave some negative
feedback, but be careful cause that's against ebay's TOS!

I understand you have some problem with my information auction at ebay.
Please consider this additional information before you make further judgements.

1.) When I started selling walmart silver champions on ebay, the going rate
was $150.  I immediately offered buy-it-now for $125, because I had
purchased 5 sets for resale on ebay.  Then when the first sales ended, it
was just plain faster, easier, and cheaper for me to ship direct from
walmart.  I think most people have no problem with this.

2.) Then the problems began.  My bidders were contacted by someone either
offering to sell the same set for a little less, or telling them to go to
walmart and buy it.  This auction interference was coming from
"over-competitive" sellers trying to steal sales, and "do-gooders" who hate
to see anyone make money like that.  My reaction was to encourage people to
pay quick before either type of interference took place.  Then I had a
problem keeping an auction alive in the ebay search, so I tried to do a
dutch auction with paypal link, but that didn't work either.  Then the
competition started, some of which copied completely the HTML from my add.
Also the issue of the poor packing and shipping from walmart became known,
every box I received was opened when it arrived.

3) In general it seemed like a good time to get out of selling, but the idea
came to sell the walmart.com and coupon code information instead.  I
honestly thought I could make more that way, without the problems.  In the
end I made about $50 selling information, and $500 selling sets.  Plus there
were still the problems with "do-gooders".