 Marketplace / Auctions / 7527
Re: This makes me SICK!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:13:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, William Brumbach writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Joel Morris writes:
Someone could also watch who bids on this particular auction.
Then email the high bidder with "visit walmart.com" and then they could have
the chance to retract their bid.

No can do, it's a "Buy it now!" auction, first bid ends it.

junior

FWIW, the seller contacted me on Monday (or yesterday? I forget) and said
he's actually gotten more than one "do-gooder" interaction on his auction,
his bidders were "...contacted by someone either offering to sell the same
set for a little less, or telling them to go to walmart and buy it." So
someone HAS been doing this (shame on them, whoever they are!) even though
it violates Ebay's rules...

He also wanted "to hear some feedback from [me] and [my] friends" about his
'new' endeavor, wherein he bought out some online store of all their RIS
1.5's and wants to sell them for a little less than a 50% markup (still
below what some have gone for on Ebay, so he says). I pointed him at Lugnet
(even gave him a link to this exact thread, too), but it appears he's a
no-show here... He seemed to be well aware of Lugnet though, despite his
lack of presence as a poster...

DaveE