 Marketplace / Auctions / 7517
Re: This makes me SICK!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:47:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:

Putting information in the listing about where to get it cheaper *is*
against the eBay TOS.

**snip**

I think Chris meant to send the information to the bidders
in the new $0.02 auction.

  Is it against the TOS simply to send a private email to a bidder letting
him/her know about purchasing options?  I may be guilty in that case,
because on one or two occasions I've mailed bidders on items with slightly
misleading (even by omission) descriptions, along the lines of "MINT Lego
Battledroid three-pack never sold in stores.  Low $20 starting bid."
Obviously the buyer should beware, as always, but am I violating the TOS by
emailing the first hapless bidder and saying "hey, you can get two of those
sent to you for what you're paying for one"?  I'm not involved in the
auction, nor in any competing auctions, but I'm sort of playing a watchdog
role, I guess.

     Dave!