 Marketplace / Auctions / 7504
Re: This makes me SICK!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:06:31 GMT

Unbelievable.  This is the same guy who was running the false "buy it now" for 124.99
8458 Dutch auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=530040866
He put up one Silver Champion for 124.99 but promised others to get around the
listing fees for a Dutch auction.  A real scalper.

"Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G6u091.MFy@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.market.auction, Chris Crawford writes:
That is EXTREMELY sick.  And he's charging people $10 for that single piece
of information.

I wish I could add on to the bottom of his auction and tell everybody to
simply go to walmart.com.

But, one other possibility: He was sick of seeing 8458s go for over $100 on
ebay, and was trying to deflate the market for them a bit.

You're too nice, Chris.  :)  Actually, he's been selling them for over $100
on eBay himself... As if that wasn't enough of a profit, now he has to
charge people for his source of cheap sets!

Pure speculation on my part. Hey, why not put up your own auction for $0.02
and send the info to all bidders? Not sure if this is against eBay TOS or not.

Yes, I think that's against the eBay TOS cuz it's "interefering" with his
auction.

Bryan