 Marketplace / Auctions / 2884
Re: Scan of current S@H catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 07:46:37 GMT

Ended.

Quoting from the note from ended@ebay.com:

"Catalogs are included in the list of items that are not allowed for
sale on eBay."

Larry,

I am thinking that someone that you left neutral feedback for is just
sitting around with nothing better to do with their sorry life then monitor
EVERYTHING that you list on eBay.

Perhaps the way around this would be to have someone ELSE list the catalogs.
Someon that this idiot isn't watching like a hawk.  I'd do it myself, but,
EGADS, I don't HAVE any catalogs! Oh well.

I looked in a number of places and did not see this ban but I may have
missed it.

It's there, somewhere.  I've seen it.

It's apparently (IMHO) to keep catalog sales companies from posting their
catalogs as a form of cheap advertising on eBay, which I can understand.

I think that with correct wording you (or someone else) could get around
this.  People OUTSIDE the US cannot get the catalog.  People OUSIDE the US
also cannot ORDER anything from the catalog.  So if you say that you are
trying to sell it to people outside the US, then you are technically not
violating the TOS, since people outside the US cannot use it to order
product.

Inversely, if you could get ahold of a european catalog, the same could be
done with a US target audience.

Just a thought.

Troy