 Marketplace / Auctions / 2853
Re: Scan of current S@H catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:07:29 GMT

Yes, somebody could auction an "Ordering service for McD's exclusive from Lego
S@H!"  Description:  "After the lucky winner sends me their address, I will
dial xxx xxx-xxxx and order one special edition McD's set for $11, which will
be delivered directly to your door from Lego S@H!"  Wonder if that would fly,
or if they'd find some way to remove that auction, too?   Hmmm...interesting.
Alan                                               In lugnet.market.auction,
Simon Robinson writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Eric Joslin writes:
Here's a thought:  Why not just list one of the items in question?  Make the
opening bid the actual cost of the item that you would pay, and plaster all
over the description how it is NOT rare, is currently available through S@H
(and would, in fact, be cheaper, since anyone buying it from you would have to
pay your shipping charges).

That oughta do it.  They (probably) can't stop you from listing an actual • item,
while encouraging people not to bid on it.

I was going to start one a little bit similar - though with
a higher starting bid. I was going to do an
auction for the McDonalds Lego set with a starting bid of $25.
The write-up was going to explain how when someone won
the auction, I'd immediately order a set from Shop@Home for
$11, have it sent straight to the winner, and make a handsome
profit. The write-up would also explicitly give the shop@home
number in several places.

Unfortunately, after drafting the text it floundered on my not
having time to sort out actually getting the auction up - but if
anyone else wants to take up the idea I'll gladly send you my
draft text for you to play with.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com