 Marketplace / Auctions / 1163
Re: The Gary Louie Memorial Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 02:29:26 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <370ABA02.A88C76EF@voyager.net>...
:We figured the best way to get a lot of bricks to the "target" is to
:have them purchased locally by a volunteer (which we haven't
identified
:yet, please note me if you'd be willing to take that on) and hand
:delivered.
:
:Now, this may be a half cocked plan, because when I reviewed
:
:http://www.rmhc.com/help/donations/indiv/index.html
:
:just now, it seemed that they are not set up to accept "in kind"
:donations.
:
:1 - bricks because if we give cash, even earmarked, it may not be
:delivering the kind of "joy of the brick" we can deliver. Some random
:staffer sent to the store with our cash will not get as much loot for
it
:as a dedicated RTLer, wise to the ways of the discount and the wiles
of
:the clearance set, can.

I think if you find the right RMH and then call them and talk to
someone who can make a managerial decision and explain to them the
value of the bricks to all kids (LEGO consistently polls from yr to yr
as one of the most valued/indestructible/creative toys), the love that
Gary had for them and the appropriateness of this way to honor him and
to benefit others, then I think it can happen.

DJ Zorn

To locate scans of official instructions
for discontinued sets only go to:
http://www.kl.net/scans/