 Marketplace / Auctions / 1168
1167  |  1169
Subject:
The Gary Louie Memorial Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 16:26:28 GMT

I have a small problem beliving that if we showed up at the door with
lego in hand that they wouldn't take it anyway.  Ronald Mcdonald house
isn't going to pass up anything to make the kids a little happier.
Though..
at the same time, I know Cancer Care centers are very picky about what
they allow the children to play with, because this is a community toy
that all play with, they get nervous about the spread of germs.  I'm not
sure just what RMH cares for in the way of kids.  I do believe it's more
parents and other family that stay in the house while the sick child is
in the hospital.  Could there maybe be another place to donate the lego?
How about a local Hospital, I know they wouldn't allow it in a cancer
care center, though there are ped wards that could probably use it also.

Also as a note when the lego is dropped off, make sure to include
directions as to the washing and care of it, so they don't have to hunt
down instructions for that.  It will have to cleaned quite often.

Or another place might be to donate it to a school, we've done that with
old computers I've had around the house, Finding a school, other than
Richard Wrights that deals with Lego as a learning tool might be a
little harder to find though :( Richard might know of a few though
maybe?

Just some ideas to ponder...
Tamy