 Marketplace / Auctions / 1154
1153  |  1155
Subject:
The Gary Louie Memorial Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:38:04 GMT

Subject auction, which we discussed here and via e-mail in the February
timeframe, will hopefully get under way soon. I have begun constructing
the lots at
SeriousCollector and hope to launch by Friday.

Featured lots so far:

4537 Twin Tank unopened                 - Donor: Mike Collins
2556 Model Team Ferrari                 - Donor: Osvaldo Fernandez
Halloween bucket, unopened              - Donor: Tom Stangl
Misc Parts lot                          - Donor: Christopher Weeks
Custom Hopper Car in your color choice  - Donor: Larry Pieniazek
Custom Red and White passenger car      - Donor: Larry Pieniazek

That last lot needs a bit of explanation. This car has some history, it
has been on display at various PNLTC shows throughout the Pacific NW for
the past 9 months or so, and rather than having it returned, I've
decided to donate it. The winner will have their choice of getting title
to the loaned one, and leaving it on loan with PNLTC, or getting an
exact replica constructed and sent to them.

We certainly welcome additional lot donations if you so choose.

All proceeds will be used to buy LEGO with an eye to maximising value
for the dollar and donated to the play area at a yet to be determined
Ronald McDonald house (most likely in southern California, where Gary
lived). If you may be able to assist with the process of securing and
delivering the bricks, please let me know.

Please forgive posting this to announce, but this is rather a special
auction, I think. Followups to market.auction (where the formal "start"
will be announced)

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.