 Marketplace / Auctions / 1214
Re: The Gary Louie Memorial Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 16:28:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:
As a side note, we have enough lots now that it may make sense to choose
**TWO** houses and give 1/2 the proceeds (in bricks) to each.  We need
to decide which one(s), and we need to identify the southern California
volunteer who can actually do the legwork.

<reposted from e-mail>
If you have trouble identifying a southern CA volunteer, one possibility
(depending on how quickly you want this resolved) is that I will be
going to Carlsbad this summer, probably in late June/ early July, and I
would be willing to do the buying and transporting.  The disadvantages
of this are that it would probably take longer to resolve the whole
thing, and I may have to do some fast explaining when we hit customs,
but it has the advantage of getting Canadian prices, which will mean
more volume.

I've been trying to think of something I could do for this, and wasn't
really comfortable with donating a lot (because, to be honest, I hadn't
been around long enough to know Gary at all, really).  I thought that
this might be a way I could contribute.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/