 Marketplace / Auctions / 1185
Re: The Gary Louie Memorial Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:38:27 GMT

Louise Belles wrote:

Has anyone asked s@h or customer service if they would maximize the purchase
(special discount for charity) and deliver directly to the site?
It never hurts to ask.
Louise

Hmm... good idea. We do have some contacts that may get us 40% off.

That raises a good question. If we're going for maximum bang for the
buck, do we wait till the day after thanksgiving to buy the 5 dollar
bulk buckets, or even till after christmas to get major discounted sets,
or should we be trying to get the maximum deal we can within some short
period of time after we have all the money together?

Thoughts from the Group? I'll probably Make the Decision but I certainly
am interested in getting consensus if it's achieveable. Donor opinions
carry more weight than bidder opinions which carry more weight than non
participant opinions, in my value scheme on this. :-)

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.