 Marketplace / Auctions / 1159
Re: The Gary Louie Memorial Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:50:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Subject auction, which we discussed here and via e-mail in the February
timeframe, will hopefully get under way soon. I have begun constructing
the lots at
SeriousCollector and hope to launch by Friday.

[snip]

We certainly welcome additional lot donations if you so choose.

All proceeds will be used to buy LEGO with an eye to maximising value
for the dollar and donated to the play area at a yet to be determined
Ronald McDonald house (most likely in southern California, where Gary
lived). If you may be able to assist with the process of securing and
delivering the bricks, please let me know.

Can people make direct donations of opened sets.  For instance, I just got 2
950 piece buckets from S@H on sale.  While they may bring more than I paid at
auction, the quantity would probably be appreciated.  Or is the idea to only
donate cash to a Ronlad McDonald House?