 Marketplace / Auctions / 1566
Re: The Gary Louie Memorial Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 17:36:50 GMT

The auction is winding down (1) and we have a number of winners. Some of
the early lot descriptions aren't as clear as others.

If you're a winner and I haven't sent a note to you directly, here's
what you have to do. (this is a bit more complicated than most auctions
because in most cases I don't have your item. The donor does... that
saves shipping it two times but adds steps, delay and complexity)

- review the lot description to determine what the story on shipping is.
  - if shipping is included in the price, you're all set. Send me a
check (or arrange for payment to one of my factorees if you're not in
the US... send me a note)
  - if shipping is not included in the bid, contact the donor to
determine what the shipping cost will be. After you know the amount, add
it to the bid amount and send me payment. I will settle with the donor
if required. In most cases, the donor's email is in the bid listing but
if not, contact me for details.

Note also that if you have won more than one lot you can wait till you
have details on all lots (1) before you do one payment.

In general, please be patient. This extra complexity adds delay, and you
know I'm slow to begin with. :-) (1)

Payment can be sent to

Larry Pieniazek
6829 Rix St., SE
Ada, MI, 49301
  -- USA --

or if you live in Australia, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, the
Netherlands, or the UK, contact me and you can pay one of my factorees.

Thanks to all donors, bidders and winners. The face value of bids at
this time is in excess of 650 dollars, which is pretty darn good.

1 - but we have two lots I just haven't gotten around to adding yet, the
blue hoppers. Sigh. Soon. Feel free to wait to settle if you plan to bid
on them.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.