 Local / United Kingdom / 5524
Re: eToys closing down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:19:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Daniel Crichton writes:
<snip>
I placed my order on Friday 29th Dec for the 2 SW UCS sets, a Falcon, and
some of the cheap sets I didn't have, and they all arrived on Thursday 4th
Jan during the day, and about 2 hours later I got the email eToys sent out
about deliveries possibly being delayed. Maybe I just beat the rush :)
<snip>

I placed my order on 30th Dec - it's apparently arrived now (Jan 9/10)!
Unfortunately, I missed the boat for some of the larger sets -
but still, looking again and again through my order form
is mouth watering. I can't wait to get at the box - if the kids
don't get to it first!

I ordered my first lego online from etoys - the (awful) DDK -
and this was probably a turning point for me. Haven't looked back since.
Thanks etoys.

RW