 Local / United Kingdom / 5517
Re: eToys closing down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:40:47 GMT

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:G6xAF0.K82@lugnet.com...
I received my order today (Power Puller and Helicopter) which was placed
online at around midnight of Friday the 29th. Whether that meant the order
was processed on the following Saturday or Monday I have no idea.

I placed my order on Friday 29th Dec for the 2 SW UCS sets, a Falcon, and
some of the cheap sets I didn't have, and they all arrived on Thursday 4th
Jan during the day, and about 2 hours later I got the email eToys sent out
about deliveries possibly being delayed. Maybe I just beat the rush :)

The online parcel tracking was complete nonsense in this case too.

While waiting for delivery I spoke to eToys about this, and they said that
Business Express must not be updating their numbers online. I tried ringing
BE and nobody ever picked the phone up.

While it's a shame that eToys are closing down I can't help feel happy about
saving £150!

Dan