 Local / United Kingdom / 5477
Re: eToys closing down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:14:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

"Scott A" <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message news:G6nLB4.8yn@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Ronan Webb writes:
Someone nabbed the last grey baseplate while I loading up ...
I panicked and headed for the checkout, luckily my basket
was still intact.

Once the items are in your shopping basket, they are reserved for you - • just
like real life.

Last night, after the closing down announcement, that was certainly not the
case. I had a load of the 633 roof slopes packs in my basket, but when I
went to checkout they had gone.

Huw

I'll second that Huw.  Two MTT trade federations and two Slave 1s disappeared
when I was dilly-dallying over my stash on Day One.  Have not yet received my
orders, though.

BTW did anyone get a 6091 King Leo's Castle as a friend's 8 yr old wants one.
I gave him the 6280 I found for a christmas pressie - the first thing the kid
said was "Where did this come from? It hasn't been made for years!"

I'm still eager to hear if anyone got the RIS 1.5 kit.

Mark