 Local / Australia / 9865
Re: Roll Call time again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 05:43:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
With all the new people popping up (and lots of lurkers out there) it's time
to do a roll call. We haven't had one for a while so here it is. Simply
change my answers to those appropriate to you. If replying to this is your
first post (and please do reply if you are lurking) then welcome!
Otherwise for the oldies, let us know what's new.

James (who probably qualifies as an oldie, oh dear.)
P.S. the last roll call thread is
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=5566

Name: James Howse
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: lagging body age by three/In the Lego isle
Location: Marsfield, Sydney
E-mail Address: jehowse@yahoo.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.geocities.com/jehowse
Marital Status: Nope                           (not updated in ages though!)
Children: Nope
Occupation: Sales Assistant, Big w. (graduated BA (philosophy))
On Lugnet Since: first post June 99
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Lots. (plus some more since the last 'call)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: What's an unopened set?
# of LEGO Pieces: um lots? (but less than most americans...)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: What's a LEGO theme park?
# of LEGO fests atteneded: All the Sydney ones, one in Melb, one in Bris.
First LEGO Set: Something Duploish I'd reckon.
LEGO Dark Age: More a grey age (still got the catalogues and the odd set 92-96)
First Set after Dark Age: <set:6175> more in the middle of the grey it's the
first set I remember purchasing as an adult.
Favorite Theme(s): Castle/Ninja, Star Wars, Trains, Adventurers
Favorite Set(s): Hogwarts, Technic Destroyer Droid,
Favourite Own Creation: Thunderbird 1 minifig scale
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): chrome knights
Set/theme you would like to see: An Australian exclusive set.
Current LEGO Project: Sorting (boring, I know)
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I was once kicked out of a building contest for
being too old.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Reading, RTS games, trivia

Here's mine:

Name: John Porter
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1978
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: A bit more than my shoe size / wishing
there was room to get its' LEGO out of storage
Location: Glengowrie, South Australia
E-mail Address: jcporter@ihug.com.au
LEGO/home page URL(s): LEGO: None / Other page: www.thephonj.cjb.net
Marital Status: Single
Children: No
Occupation: Pizza Delivery Driver (Domino's)
On Lugnet Since: first post Dec 2000; visiting before then
No. of Sets in LEGO Collection: Too many.  Hang on....  One can never have
too many sets :) But, lost count after 200 sets.
No. of Unopened Sets in Collection: not as many as my opened sets (approx. 25?)
No. of LEGO Pieces: I lost count after 20,000 (see response to No. of sets
in collection)
No. of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: When will Australia get one?
No. of LEGO fests atteneded: 2, if ADELugs meetings count
First LEGO Set: <set:6610> Gas Pumps.
LEGO Dark Age: More a grey age (still got the catalogues and occasional
sets, especially Shell Promo), 95-00
First Set after Dark Age: New: <set:3404> Black Bus 2nd Hand: <set:622_1>
Tipper Truck and <set:6679_1> Dark Shark
Favourite Theme(s): Town, Trains
Favourite Set(s): <set:7740> Electric Inter-city train set, 12 V,
<set:6399>Airport Shuttle
Favourite Own Creation: Haven't done any MOCs and don't do MOCs
Favourite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Don't really have one
Set/theme you would like to see: 9V Trains with all the R/C options of 12V
(e.g. points, level crossing, signals) (But staying with 9V for the
reliability).  Or anything that is *only* available in Oz.  Also the return
of proper town (NOT town Jr. or Jack Stone) as a main line
Current LEGO Project: As said earlier, I haven't done and don't do any MOCs
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Won a competition in K-Mart for <set:6664>
Chopper Cops
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Public Transport, trains (real and model),
reading, playing games on PC, watching TV