 Local / Australia / 9891
Re: Roll Call time again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:48:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Name: Richie Dulin
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 5, so I can play with the small parts.
Location: Hornsby, Sydney.
E-mail Address: rdulin@austarmetro.com.au or rdulin@mla.com.au
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=1285
Marital Status: Married. For quite a while now.
Children: One. There will be no more.
Occupation: Business Manager for  MSA (meat grading scheme) and VQA
(objective carcase measurement system).
On Lugnet Since: Delurked Jan 2001, lurking for a fair while before that.
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 406
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1. I'm waiting for an appropriate moment
to build the Fokker Triplane (<set: 10024>)
# of LEGO Pieces: 50,726 (not including the pieces from <set: 10024>)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: I'm waiting for the one on the Gold Coast to
open ;-).
# of LEGO fests atteneded: 9
First LEGO Set: A basic set (<set: 700>) I received in 1972 (4th Birthday)
LEGO Dark Age: 1984 - 1990
First Set after Dark Age: <set:8620>
Favorite Theme(s): Pirates. And almost everything else. Except Insectoids,
obviously.
Favorite Set(s): Given that all sets are parts, they're all good. I do have
a soft spot for <set: 6263> Bastion, which got me building pirate era stuff.
Favourite Own Creation: The barricade on the Rue de la
Chanvrerie.(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/LesMis/lesmis.jpg)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Blue coated soldier with shako and red
epaulettes (last time round I picked the redcoat!)
Set/theme you would like to see: Colonial India: red coats with pith
helmets, thuggees, tigers, temples, turbans....
Current LEGO Project: Port Brique
(http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/~1285/PortBrique)
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I won #698 (airliner) and #663 (hovercraft) in
buildingcompetitions in 1978, and a 6290 (red beard runner) in 2002. Curator
and unofficial statistician of .loc.au
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Rapidly fading into insignificance.