 Local / Australia / 14407
Re: Roll Call time again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:56:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I really should have filled this out ages ago... Oh well, better late than never! :-)

Name
J.P. Manalo

Gender
Male

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child
My fiancee tells me that I really should be 7 years old.

Location
Sydney-area, NSW, AU

E-mail Address
scooter +--underscore--+ manalo #--death-to-spam--# ++--at--++ yahoo +--dottie--+ com +--dottie--+ au

LEGO/home page URL(s)
http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=jpmanalo
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jpmanalo

Marital Status
Engaged

Children
Nil.

Occupation
IT Network Geek (yes, another one...)

On Lugnet Since
Lurking since 1998, LEGNUT Member since 2005.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection
LEGNUT and Peeron say 396 (of which 211 are unique sets).

# of Unopened Sets in Collection
Too many :-(

# of LEGO Pieces
I think there is about a quarter million in the counted/inventoried pile, and I would guess there’s another quarter million in the pile that’s yet to be looked at... BICBVW...

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited
Nil - unless you include the old LEGO Centre at Birkenhead Point, NSW, AU... --le–sigh--...

# of LEGO fests attended
Brickvention 2008, and most of the SLTC gigs since early-2006

First LEGO Set
The first set I got to build (at age 4, I think) was:

    6374 Holiday Home
{249} elements, 2 figures, 1983
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > {}

The first set I got to keep was:

    6651 Mail Truck
40 elements, 1 figure, 1982
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > {}

LEGO Dark Age
Around 1994 to somewhere in 1999

First Set after Dark Age
The first set I obtained after coming out of my Dark Age was:

    9747 Robotics Invention System 1.5
717 elements, 0 figures, US$200, 1999
LEGO > MINDSTORMS > {Invention Kit}

Favorite Theme(s)
Trains and Town at the moment.

Favorite Set(s)
Here’s some that come straight to mind, but I’m sure I’ve got other faves that haven’t quite come to mind at this point in time...

    9747 Robotics Invention System 1.5
717 elements, 0 figures, US$200, 1999
LEGO > MINDSTORMS > {Invention Kit}

    6399 Airport Shuttle
743 elements, 9 figures, US$140?, 1991
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > Flight

    10190 Market Street
1248 elements, 3 figures, US$90, 2007
LEGO > Factory > Modular Buildings

    10182 Cafe Corner
2056 elements, 3 figures, US$140, 2007
LEGO > Factory > Modular Buildings

    10185 Green Grocer
2352 elements, 4 figures, US$150, 2008
LEGO > Factory > Modular Buildings

    4558 Metroliner
768 elements, 11 figures, US$149, 1992
LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > Train Set

Favourite Own Creation
A modular tan building.

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s)
The dragon from set 7419, i.e. this beast:
Oriental Dragon

Set/theme you would like to see
A return of the monorail system would be nice, but I suspect that’s unlikely to ever happen in the forseeable future....

Current LEGO Project
More modular buildings and some railway rolling stock

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame
Nothing worth writing about....

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests
Firefighting, PC gaming, console gaming