 Local / Australia / 9864
Re: Adelugs in Mall! (imaginary news headline...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:58:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Carl Watson writes:
Hi Mat

Welcome (if this is your first post).

Do you reckon the Adelugs should rent a public place for the next meeting-
somewhere where you'll get more publicity? (I say 'you'll' because I'm not • a
member... :(  Anyway, just a thought (And another hit on the counter- post
more!)

We have thought about doing a public display (train show, display at the
Royal Show??).
Having an AdeLUGs meeting in a public place might not be as much fun (we
would have to be organised).

Like I say, I'm only 14, and not exactly up to speed on these issues, but • it
occurs to me that a moonbase theme would be good, and the old David Jones
store in rundle mall has floors 3,4,5 open for rent (ATM, though a bit of • a
clean up would be required.)

I think it might cost a fair bit to hire a floor of a department store :(
I liked the BUGs idea of the moonbase theme for their next meeting - are you
building a module?
You are welcome to come along to our next meeting......

....when....

....umm....

....soon :)

Any AdeLUGers want to get together?

Carl
--
Member #1165
Adelaide LEGO Users Group - nothing new here

Hey Carl,

A meeting would be really good (but with a bit more notice than last time,
OK...) :P Maybe we could have it in a hall this time... it is starting to
get a bit crowded at your house.. Interstate groups, what type of floor have
you found best? - carpet (what type of pile), cement, polished wood, etc.

maybe a S@H order for the next meeting? I know I want the new Santa Fe cars,
among a few other items...