 Local / Australia / 9435
Re: Studfest XV: High Jinks in the Highlands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 07:38:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Some suggestions. (where possible)
1/ If you have a bunch of guys all armed/dressed/looking the same, give them
a largish plate to stand on together (i.e. form guys up into units)

And don't the massed pikes of the recycled sith lords look impressive when
so mounted!

2/ Make seige weapons that "fire"
Gee, I'm glad you put the word "fire" in those quotes. (Although recent
tests indicate that it might just be possible to stand up to real fire for a
round or two....)

3/ Have a good idea about the abilities of anything non-standard (not obvious).

The ability to die is about all my Tediously Hackneyed Medieval Mercenaries
(as in "oh no - it's THMM") need. And they are tediously hackneyed - I have
chromatic knights, heavy cavalry, tough halberdiers, (curiously non elven)
archers, and of course, heavy cannon.

4/ Bring some (say a dozen or so) one-by-one cylinders to use as Hero hit
points, so that heroes have a chance of surviving the battle.

They'll probably go to Vlad the Implyer, leader of THMM. Master of Innuendo.

Cheers

Richie Dulin