 Local / Australia / 9444
Re: Studfest XV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 10:34:25 GMT

6 hours of fun and frivolity (a bit more for those who set up - thank Eli).

Eli and I, then James, Kevin and Andrea, then Richie, Ryan and Patrick, and
finally Robert - I had a great time.  Thanks all.

There were glorious trains (Eli), spaceships, majestic two decked sailing
ships (Richie), and some extremely elegant WWII jeep and half-and-half types
(Robert).

And then there was the BrikWars of truly biblical proportions.  I leave the
telling of how many figs battled to curator, statistician, and keeper of the
manifests (because to be frank I simply lost count).  Kevin bought along his
usual staggering castley buidlings and his gargantuan medieval military,
James his diabolical steam driven devices and huge army, Richie the
notorious THMM, Ryan the forces of Henry VI, Patrick the Army of the Gnome,
and I my humble Richard II (actually he's not very humble at all) and his
Army of the Restoration.  A great deal of carnage and hilarity ensued.
Early cannon, a catapult, a trebuchet, and a rather strange magical dudette
rained down all manner of projectiles - cannonballs, barrels of gunpowder
with lit fuses, rowboats, dog's heads, and scantily clad rock stars.  There
were piles of ex-minifigs as high as an elephant's eye (this is an estimate,
what with there being no elephants on the field, but there were dinosaurs,
and the piles were as high as a dinosaur's eye, and that's pretty close, no?)

There were also old and obsolete sets to buy, Chinese 'Shifty' sets to
sample, and the next Studfest to plan.  First weekend in October, here we
come.  The search for Atlantis, Jules Verne style...

Richard
Still baldly going...