 Local / Australia / 9419
Re: Studfest XV: High Jinks in the Highlands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 04:57:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Dudes and dudettes,
Mittagong RSL remembers us fondly from 18 months ago, and would be only too
pleased to host us again, in the same auspicious room (which is nice of
them) and under the same arrangement (10.00am to 9.00pm)
What:  Studfest XV
Where: Mittagong RSL
When:  Sunday 11 August (That's this Sunday dudes...)
      From: 12.00pm (ish - I'll be there from 10.00am)
      To:    6.00pm (ish or whenever we've had enough)
Themes:
MOCs of all kinds always welcome.  Theme to prepare for - the Medieval
Highlands Gathering - bring your medieval rabble, seige equipment and worthy
story, and we'll test the use of BrikWars on big armies.  Hopefully James
will invent attractive ways to handle this with New Math.  Early cannon
aren't just ok - they're fabulous.  And if Kevin brings even half his grand
armee, we'll be able to re-enact a Medieval Battle of Waterloo.

Some suggestions. (where possible)
1/ If you have a bunch of guys all armed/dressed/looking the same, give them
a largish plate to stand on together (i.e. form guys up into units)
2/ Make seige weapons that "fire"
3/ Have a good idea about the abilities of anything non-standard (not obvious).
4/ Bring some (say a dozen or so) one-by-one cylinders to use as Hero hit
points, so that heroes have a chance of surviving the battle.

To register:
Turn up.  It'd be nice if you told me you were coming, but I'll be entirely
happy just to see you on the day.

I'll be there (with dice)

James (who insists on a 'beer round' regularly)