 Local / Australia / 9454
Re: Studfest XV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 02:12:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
6 hours of fun and frivolity. Thanks all.
There were glorious trains (Eli), spaceships, majestic two decked sailing
ships (Richie), and some extremely elegant WWII jeep and half-and-half types
(Robert).

Not forgetting Kev's tower, mushroom hut, stone circle and custom set.

And then there was the BrikWars of truly biblical proportions. A great deal >of carnage and hilarity ensued.
Early cannon, a catapult, a trebuchet, and a rather strange magical dudette
rained down all manner of projectiles.

Richard's Trebuchet was a work of art. (If it was science it would have
always worked). The occasional missfire made it all the better.
Richard was also responsible for the scenery, felt on wood might not sound
fantastic, but it did look so, as well as providing some cover from Richie's
cannon.

There were piles of ex-minifigs as high as an a dinosaur's eye

Congratulations to Richie, pioneering a new method of minifig hand to hand
combat. If I recall correctly, there wasn't a single dice rolled throughout
the game and the measuring sticks went by the wayside early too.

The next Studfest to plan.  First weekend in October, here we
come.  The search for Atlantis, Jules Verne style...

Driving home, it was suggested that a Post-apocolyptic battle might be just
a good a time period, allowing all sorts of theme mixing (sword wielding
simple-lifers, arcane technology hunting mechanists, the railway workers
union...).

James (who had lots of fun too.)