 Local / Australia / 9335
Re: Next STUDS meet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:37:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White writes:
It occurs to me that early August is not terribly distant, and, if we are to
hold STUDfest (last STUDfest number)+1 then, it would be a good idea for
some organisation to take place.
I might see if I can find somewhere up my way.... I'll let you all know.
Kev...:  )
Anyone interested in a venue in Canberra ? (Let's be evangelical)
Does everyone/anyone find transport a problem ?

I'd have a problem.
And the fourth ins an auspicious date either, although it can be done if
others are committed. I'll just have to get to building.

James (who doesn't really want to catch the DUPLO Explorer to Canberra)

Mmmmm.  I'd be content with Canberra.  (well, duh)

I can also probably organise the Mittagong RSL, but I do recall that many
find this just a bit far to come.  Offer is open.  Where ever it is
(Canberra, Hornsby, Kerry's place, whatever) I'll be doing my best to be there.

In other news, I expect that HES Sirius (big brother to HES Supply
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/009.htm but a third longer, twice the
crew, three times the displacement, better point defence weapons and two
nice heavy tractors that can be switched to heavy blaster type energy
weapons, the kind of weapons that make the lights dim and reset the
answering machine when fired) will be ready for the next fest.

I have just got to sub out a few of the special MB pieces where there is not
a direct Lego equivalent (to keep the MB abuse down to a dull roar).

Richard
Still baldly going...