 Local / Australia / 9328
Re: Next STUDS meet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 05:57:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:

It occurs to me that early August is not terribly distant, and, if we are to
hold STUDfest (last STUDfest number)+1 then, it would be a good idea for
some organisation to take place.

I might see if I can find somewhere up my way.... I'll let you all know.
Kev...:  )

Anyone interested in a venue in Canberra ? (Let's be evangelical)

Sure!

Does everyone/anyone find transport a problem ?

Often.

Another ACTer has become a Lugnet member (3 AUS in the last 100 joiners).

Ah! A statistic! I can't let a statistic can pass without comment!

That three in the last one hundred was entirely predictable:

Just under 3% of LUGNET members are Australian, and the Australian uptake of
LUGNET membership has been roughly representative of the uptake worldwide.

Though there was only one Australian in the first 100 (Pete Callaway), but
there were three in the second (Richard Parsons, Gary Quinlan & Paul
Baulch), and by the first 500 LUGNET members, Australians represented 3% of
the total.

Australian LUGNET membership reached a peak of 3.41% of membership when Mark
Jordan (member 704) joined. Since that time, Australian representation has
fallen to, and remained fairly constant at around 2.9%, with an average of
2.75% of new members since member 1000 claiming to be Australian.

Still, that 3% of Lugnet Membership represents .00026% of the Australian
population (ie 1 in every 387,190 Australians is a LUGNET Member), which has
got to be pretty good.

Horoo

Richie Dulin
.loc.au Curator and Amateur Statistician