 Local / Australia / 4911
Re: Whats all this about?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:56:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
While in Germany, check this out:-
http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=571151420
Restore the flow of Lego out of oz ! Shipping...ouch.

I often wonder how effective it is to sell such a big lot. Lots of us might
drool but who has that kind of money?

Obviously you'd have to be a serious Lego collector to be spending those
kind of dollars (or DMs as the case is). But, if you were such a serious
collector and had that kind of dosh, you'd have acquired lots of those sets
already piece-by-piece on e-bay etc, and so you probably wouldn't want the
whole lot anyway.

It could also be bought a group of people, say some sort of "body" that can
pool money and have already figured out who gets what sets.

This is similar to an Idea that got thrown up at a SYDLUG [1] meet once.
That we should all consider making up a big order once a year and possibly
send someone to the US to buy or get it shipped out in one big box.

I'm not sure what sort of problems this may cause with customs etc. BUT if
you send someone overseas and they return with the boxes all open and folded
down, yet keeping the polybags sealed, then its difficult for the authority
to say its anything other than personal use (right?)

Anyhow, I wish I had the money to buy that much Lego in one hit!
Santosh

[1] SYDLUG - my suggestion to resolve the Studs/Slugs debate, It might be
boring, but it isnt ambiguous.