 Local / Australia / 5004
Re: Whats all this about?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:38:17 GMT

Richie's made some excellent points. Consider the term Kleenex or even Coke.

Yes we do have to be careful *if* we get any endorsement by Lego. Though
having said that, we're much more likely to make mountain scenery out of
Megabloks than with Lego (consider the cost per brick) [1]

So is trying to get offical recognition worth it?

Santosh
[1] not saying we are building a mountain, but gee that'd be neat!

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Why try to stop us? Consider this: a number of Australian AFOLs dabble in
the dark side. What if Megablox etc were publicly exhibited under the
"LegOz" banner? I don't think TLC would like that!

Now this is a valid point, and something to be borne in mind, if we do put
on a public display (e.g. the train show). If the Lego word is used, then we
probably have to ensure there are no clones. If there are clones, then we
probably need to use some more neutral term like "brick".

Kerry