 Local / Australia / 4975
Re: Whats all this about?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 05:34:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Low slices,dices,analyses,disects,seperates,then
remoulds,groups together,combines and concludes:

1. I'm a member of STUDS (capitalised, isn't an acronym, just funny in a
non-PC non-genderspecific in-joke kind of way).

It's great as a joke. Especially as an insiders joke.

But not for outsiders.

2. Modular bricks have studs and we aren't studs -- that's why it's funny.
Non-members of STUDS, including prospective members, probably won't get the
joke. That doesn't mean they don't have a sense of humour or are unsuitable
for membership. It might mean they won't join.

We'd like more people involved wouldnt we?

My whole point.

snippage...

6. The nationwide association of LEGO fans is called LegOz. This name is
generally accepted, vaguely funny, and only offensive in its spelling and
perpetuation of the Oz=Australia synonym.

Perhaps If there ever is a need to display a banner/offical name etc. The
LegOz name is shown. That way there's no ambiguity, and the STUDS is a
reference that is used internally within ourselves. If we ever are going to
do displays etc, using LegOz around the country would be more exposure-isive
(uhmm grammar check please) than each of our groups using individual names
(we aren't that big a group - honestly, to need the subdivisions externally)

The more I think about it, the more I think LA or their parent will come-a-
stomping on LegOz. At this point LegOz is only a label of an idea.
What was the train acronym James thought up ?

pete.w